Followers

Friday 27 March 2015

City Crafter Challenge - Go Ombre!

Hi all - well I've been inspired by my friend Darnell of djkardkreations to join in the fun over at City Crafter Challenge Blog where the theme is:

Go Ombre
Here's what I've done.


I used Sue Wilson's Beaded Fanfare e/f for the bottom layer - this range of her e/f's are gorgeous and give such a deep impression.  The next two layers are die cut with Go Kreate XXL Frilly Frames.  For the main topper I used my Sue Wilson Greek Island background die and added a piece of acetate behind the windows.  I then used various shades of blue/aqua SU mini ink pads to sponge the colour over a separate piece of linen cardstock and I also sponged around the topper (although this doesn't show up very well in the photo).  

Being totally inspired by Darnell I decided to create a shaker card - it's been ages since I've done one - so I put 3D foam around the underside of the window, added some tiny beads in shades of blue and placed my die cut on top.  I've used Sue Wilson's Trailing Ivy for some added detail and the frame/tag comes from her Greek Island Collection.  The sentiment is SU Oval All and the final addition is a bow.

Thanks for popping by.  Hope you all have a great weekend.....although the weather here in Somerset doesn't look very nice at all - but that just gives me a good excuse to stay in crafting!!! lol

Happy crafting.








13 comments:

  1. That's so pretty ... Terrific design for a shaker! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea to use that die as a shaker ......it's perfect for it! ......lovely xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a masterpiece, Karendipity! It was gorgeous without the shaker and then, shazambam, it went to extraordinary with the pretty shaker beads behind the stunning window covered in ivy!! Of course, I'm swooning over the color you used for your ombre, too! There are so many gorgeous layers and wonderful texture! You, my dear, are a class act when it comes to card art!! Thank you for playing in the City Crafter challenge! Hugs, Dippy xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen what a lovely card I love the colours and your design is wonderful.

    Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen
    Fabulous card.... Love the shaker card... Great idea....
    Hugs Sylvie xx
    Hot! Hot! Hot! Here.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, beautiful shaker card, love the colors and dies with a beautiful embossing.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful creation! Thank you for joining us this week at CCCB!!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Karen love the colours and such gorgeous dies :)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and very elegant Karen. Love the mix of die-cuts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh...:) Such a gem and I love the colors you used for this card. A stunning take on our challenge and a fab design for a shaker card. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous colours, Karen ... lovely layers and fabulous detailing ... the shaker element's a fabulous touch! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layering of all the elements, Karen!!!! Lovely dies you have used so creatively!!! And I love the idea to make it a shaker card!!!! The colours are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)