Followers

Saturday 18 January 2014

Addicted to CAS Challenge #30

Happy Saturday everyone.  Today sees our latest challenge at Addicted to CAS and your hostess is the lovely and very talented Shana.  Here is the code word she's chosen:

and our Sponsor for this challenge is:

Deedee will offer 3 digi sets for our winners.

Now I was pondering on this code word..........was it New Year, turning over a New leaf, New goodies?????  When you start thinking you can use this word with so many combinations.  Anyway I've chosen my theme to be for a New baby and here's my card:

 

I've used a 6" square card blank and some pink bazzil cardstock.  Using my Spellbinders Labels 27 I cut the aperture in the centre of the bazzil cardstock.  The image is a digistamp from the lovely Paulette at Create with TLC.  I printed the image four times and then added patterned paper (from my stash) across each image using repositionable tape and put it back through the printer.  I left the first layer in black ink and die cut it using the same Spellbinder die.  I then fussy cut out various elements from the different papers and paper pieced on top of the base image.  I then added this back into the negative shape on the piece of bazzil card and attached at the back.  I then popped it up on some d/s foam pads.  I added some dots of glue around the image and added crystal Glamour Dust.

 

Now I came back to the card after a little while and wondered whether it needed anything else so I just cut out two Simon Says String of Hearts die cuts and placed them at the top of the card.  I'd be really interested to see whether you prefer version one or two.  I still can't decide!!! lol

 
Don't forget to pop over to Addicted to CAS where the Design Team have some amazing  cards for you.

Co-incidentally the theme over at Less is More this week is New Baby so I am entering this card.










25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Baby card Karen...I think I like it without the banner...although the actual banner I like VERY much...another one on the shopping list....lol
    Beautiful card either way.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this Karen, so soft and subtle, love the touch of glamour dust-thank you so much for adding our badge on your side bar xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Karen really pretty huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Karen, think I prefer without the banner, gorgeous image.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think i must have sent it by mistake ... Can't wait to see your card tomorrow for our CCC....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No the first bit hasn't appeared... Fabulous card... But think i like it with out the heart Banner? Both nice though... See you tomorrow!!
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Karen. I love how the baby sling hangs from the words - very creative. Beautiful papers and a beautiful design. Both version are wonderful, but you now that I would pick the one with less :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the baby sling over the B, Karen! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your multiple prints of this have made an amazing card. I love what you have done. You are SO clever!!! I love them both!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super Karen!
    Version one has the edge for me!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Karen but nearly had to go for a lie down after reading how you made it phew !!!! The end results are worth it and the aperture is a wonderful shape. I prefer the one without the banners myself.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola Karen!beautiful and claver idea!, both are fantastic difficul to choice:D, great work with your printer, lovely cards Karen, as always.
    Awarm hug from Palma and have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that fabulous sentiment. Great card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card, Karen ... and amazing paper piecing! They're both lovely ... my preference is without the banner ... it sings more to my CAS loving heart! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen, this is gorgeous. It made me smile and melted my heart. Just what a baby card should do. There's something vintage about it, but it is totally crisp, clean and modern. LOVE IT!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely LOVE this card design Karen. The first one, without the banner, is my favourite. I often use a single heart on cards, and would probably punch a small one in the bottom right-hand corner (but that's just me Karen - I love your card anyway)!
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Karen, love the aperture shape and the design in the centre is fab! I like the one without the banner best:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love that digi image and your paper piecing is perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that's a lot of work of printing and layering and cutting it to perfection. This end result is beyond awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a gorgeous card Karen, fabulous design and details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet baby card, loving the pink too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another gorgeous design, Karendipity! I prefer version one because in that one the B with the peeking bairn is the focus pocus and your eyes are drawn instantly to it. But it's not significant enough for me not to love version two, as well. Your designs are always tops in my book! Hugs, Dippy

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)