Followers

Saturday 7 December 2013

Addicted to CAS - Challenge #28

Hello everyone - welcome to a brand new challenge at Addicted to CAS and our last one for this year.........where has the time gone?  Think I'm just getting old!!!  lol

Here is your code word for this challenge:

and your host for this is none other than ME!
Our fab Sponsor for the challenge is:

and Kathryne is offering 5 free digis for our CAS Perfectionist

For my card I have used one of Kathryne's digital stamp sets called Snow Day which has some gorgeous digis in it. 

I started off by using Sparkles Stencil from Imagination Crafts with some white Dreamweaver embossing paste.  When I took the stencil off I dusted it with crystal Glamour Dust and set it aside to dry.  Once dry I sponged the piece with Tumbled Glass DI. 



I printed out two of the snowmen on my laser printer and silver foiled each of them.  I coloured using Promarkers and added Glittered Snow on their hats.  I cut a piece of acetate to size and attached it to the back of the embossed piece of card to allow it to bow in the front.  I attached my two snowmen and added some more Glittered Snow to ground them.  The sentiment is part of the digi stamp set and I cut it out using my Spellbinders Fancy Labels 1.



 I also added some "snow" to the sentiment and a couple of gems before attaching it to the acetate.  The last touch was to die cut a Whimsy Stamps snowflake from vellum.  I attached this to a narrow piece of acetate which I glued to the back of the card to allow it to "hang" freely.  This was also glittered.


Here is a close up of the snowmen and you can actually see the silver foiling on the right hand side snowman.

Can't wait to see what ideas you come up with and I'll be popping by your blogs to have a closer look.

I'm also entering this into the Keep it Simple challenge which is "Snow".


Happy crafting.




19 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable card, Karen. The snowmen are just gorgeous and I'm loving all that snow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow loving this one so frosty reminding me I need to put some wooly socks on hehehehe hope your well
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing design Karen, what do you mean by 'silver foiling'? Such a gorgeous snowy scene x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Karen and I just love those little snowmen...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Karen. I love your glittery snow and beautiful snowflakes. Your embossing is fabulous. The colours are lovely. It's a pleasure to sponsor your challenge. xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative design! it looks like it's snowing on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous Christmas card Karen, love your snowmen and design.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL! Love the embossing paste and the sponged background - beautiful all by itself! Adding the two adorable snowmen and the bowed sentiment really makes this card special. Great job! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the great texture from the embossing paste for the snow! What a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen
    Fabulous card..... Think i will enter....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful snowy Christmas card Karen - love the sparkle and the cute snowmen. Fabulous!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool effect! I love those adorable snowmen too. They look so happy in all of their snow. I'm glad someone enjoys it so much! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute image! Love the sentiment treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful snowmen, Karen! I love their happy look and all that wonderful snow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You too old never !!!!!!!! What an adorable card those snowmen are just gorgeous, love the silver foiling and the fantastic snow effect those guys look so happy.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karendipity! Nothing like being almost a week late with my visit, but here I am. I needed a break from the Playhouse! Your little snowmen rejoicing in the arrival of their little buddies is so fun and adorable ~ and what a lot of work went into it!! I hope your fair goes well tomorrow! Hugs, Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Karen, this is amazing ... and so adorable! I love how your snowmen look as though they're on a balcony overlooking a snowy scene and being snowed on! Fantastic detailing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)