Followers

Friday 8 March 2013

Special Anniversary

Just a quick post today.  Thought I'd show you a special card I was asked to make for a couple who have been married for 10 years.  They are going to St Lucia to celebrate!!!  Lucky people eh?

Front of the box card
Inside of the box card
 



Top of the main box
Close up of flowers






I decided to make a concertina box card and matching box for them.  You can look at the instructions here.  I must admit I like doing these as they give that visual "wow" and everyone I've done one for loves them.  The main wording in the box was sourced from the internet and I thought was lovely and would do for both weddings and anniversaries - here it is if you would like to use it:

When the one whose hand you're holding
Is the one who holds your heart
When the one whose eyes you gaze into
Gives your hopes and dreams their start,
When the one you think of first and last
Is the one who holds you tight,
And the things you plan together
Make the whole world seem just right,
When the one whom you believe in
puts their faith and trust in you,
You've found the one and only love
You'll share your whole life through.
 


The wording on the left hand side was given to me by the parents of the couple.  There was very nearly a disaster at the end as they had given me the wrong date!!!!    Eeeeekkkkk!!!!!  Anyway I was able to print out a new date, cut it with my SU label punch and add it over the top of the old date - in actual fact I think serendipity was working again as I think it was "meant"!!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Please remember to pop in tomorrow for our newest challenge over at Addicted to CAS.










9 comments:

  1. OMG blimey, firstly gorgeous, secondly I think when you had your tidy up you found lots of stash to play with and thirdly you should add lots of embellies more of the time, this is stunning
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen! Wow! Just amazing, my friend. They are going to LOVE it. You are soooo clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is beautiful - love those MB hearts. I'm sure they will just love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen. This is absolutely AMAZING! A true work of art and something for the happy couple to cherish. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Karen and its even nicer in the flesh...I am sure they will be thrilled with it

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Karendipity, it was meant. That date looks fantastic popped up like that! The whole gift is simply breathtaking! The wording is beautiful. The happy couple will treasure this as the art it is for their whole lives!! xxoo Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a beautiful card & box Karen, they will love this, gorgeous keepsake. pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure the recipients will appreciate all the work in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen this is gob smackingly gorgeous I would be loath to part with it after all of that hard work. What a talented lady you are. This must have taken forever but you can see the amount of detail and love that went into this beauty.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)