Followers

Thursday 8 November 2012

LIM Week 92 - Colour Challenge

Afternoon everyone - hope you are all keeping well and are not snowbound...............we had a freak snowstorm on Sunday morning after very heavy rain; I looked out and there was literally a white-out.  I have never seen such huge snowflakes and within about half an hour had about 2 1/2" on the car.  We were due to go over to Taunton for a craft fair which, as crafters, you know we would brave hell and high water........not so sure about snow though!!!  lol  We took it very easy but as we approached Taunton all we could see were blue skies and sunshine.........we got some very odd looks I can tell you as we still had rather a lot of snow on the car!

 Anyway, back to business.  This week's theme over at LIM Towers is a colour challenge and Chrissie, in her wisdom (!), has chosen the colour.......... da da de de de de deeeeeeeee.........

P I N K

It seems a lot of Limettes don't like, or use,  the colour pink vary often; and I am one of these but hopefully I've managed to dip my toe into the pink hue enough to fulfill the challenge.

A very simple card - I've used one of my new goodies bought at Taunton - Spellbinders Delicate Asters, a piece of white and pink bakers' twine, a couple of pink brads and the sentiment is SU Silhouette Sentiments punched out with an EK Success label punch.  The whole thing was cut slightly narrower than the base card and popped up on foam.

Thanks for dropping by.

8 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen and a lovely die

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, those asters are gorgeous! Love the delicate layers ... and the pink! A color that I don't use enough of!! Love the baker's twine to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pink so pretty and gorgeous flowers
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Karen, beautiful card, love these asters, been using mine today, becoming one of my favourite dies.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flower Karen, love that it seems to be hanging from the twine.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your die cut flowers, it's a very beautiful pink card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and such a pretty flower too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty Karen... I'm not sure if it actually was me who chose the pink... Mandi and I choose challenges quite a bit ahead of time... it may have been her! I'm not shouldering all the blame!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)