Followers

Sunday 27 May 2012

Less is More - Week 69 - Recipe

Hello everyone - hope you're all enjoying this fantastic weather we're having at the moment.  As I've got a busy week ahead I thought I'd get my card for the Less is More challenge done and dusted and this is what they want:
 
We have a very simple recipe this week and that is simply to make a card which is
NOT A SQUARE
nor a rectangle for that matter.
What we're really trying to say is that we want a shaped card.

Didn't have long to think about this before I decided to use my Spellbinders flowerpot dies.  I die cut the actual card base with the largest die and then cut one medium and two small flowerpots.  Whilst they were still in the die I inked them with Distress Inks making sure to shade more down one side to make them dimensional.  I then used my scoreboard to put lines on the pots to define the top of the pot.  The base card was looking a little plain so put it through my Joy with an embossing folder just on the top part.  I then used Pinflair glue gel to attach them to the main card and then added flowers (from stash) and leaves punched out of left over cardstock.  A piece of rickrack ribbon and a tag (punched) finished the card.  Sentiment is from Stampin Up Silhouette Sentiments.

Thanks for dropping by.  See you all soon.

28 comments:

  1. oh love this shape what a great die set, mmmmmmmmmm might have to consider buying myself some new grands :) thank you for the encouragement
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Karen, great idea for your card, a BIG pot with little pots, perfect card for someone who love gardening:D, very bright colours perfect for springtime:D.Well done Karen!
    A hug from Palma and have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea and unusual. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, love your flowerpot card, great layout and lovely arrangement. Thanks also for visiting my blog and your lovely comment.
    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Karen, great idea for the shape, the shading is very effective on the pots :)
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, love the embossing too. A gardener's delight card!
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful dimension and pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks just gorgeous Karen!
    I've thought about these dies but wasn't sure if I would use them... now I'm just not so sure!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is more"

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful shape and I love the way how you combined it with the roses

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really pretty, great for a gardener. I didn't even know they did flower pot dies and probably wouldn't have thought of using them in this way - clever idea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen what a clever idea, love the gold colours too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these shape dies and what a lovely card you have made using them...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is really pretty and what a great die! Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is a stunning card!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great minds do think alike, but mine forgot to put any clothes on compared to yours! Stunning job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh so sorry I am encouraging your crafting addiction lol xx and great choice I got the DIY one too, aren't they fabulous, hope they arrive quick so you can play :)
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Card Karen! love the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bright and gorgeous card! Nice Idea!

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card - fab dies.... do I need them.. course not.. but like this card so may have to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great shape
    So bright and fresh
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://www.gokreate.co.uk/XXL-Frame-Frilly-5 follow the link and it is the top one but I have sliced a flat edge on it for standing

    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your flower pot. Great idea. Super choice of colour too. Brings a lot of sunshine. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Karen, absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card Karen, well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is really pretty, so fresh and clean, love it

    hugs Vicky x x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card Karen, I love the flowerpot die, I may just have to get that one! Great colour choice too, nice and bright - perfect! Thank you for popping over to my blog and leaving a comment, most appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab card, such lovely fresh colours :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just love your flower-pot card Karen. Great minds do think alike :) Love the drill too.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)