Followers

Saturday 14 January 2012

Club samples - Awning cards and resist techniques

Just to prove that Anne and I really do mean we've been busy making samples for our club night (!!!) we really aren't telling porkies........ lol  Here are some samples of awning cards that we did with the girls.  For instructions and digi stamps pop over to see the delightful Carmen at Beyond the Fringe Crafts - thanks Carmen, the girls really enjoyed making these.

The second photo shows samples of the resist technique using both chalks (couple on beach SU set) and inks with a Versamark inkpad.  The inked examples have been done on coated cardstock.  The Paris card used the Paris Postcard stamp set from Elusive Images (now Chocolate Baroque) and the floral card was made using a negative floral stamp which, I think, is buried under a heap on my craft table at the moment and I can't remember what make it is!!!

All ribbons and embellishments are from my stash.

Thanks for dropping by.

3 comments:

  1. Wow a busy evening!! Fab cards I wish i'd been there:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome Karen! I'll definitely post the photo and a link back! You know, today I'm making up cards for the Seniors at Ridgeview, and we're preparing the Awning cards for the Valentines class. We make up most of the card ahead of time, and they glue the pieces in place and do some cuttlebugging and embellishing. It's so much fun for us all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how hard you work producing samples (and ideas) for the club - these are brilliant and I'd not seen an awning card before. Very effective

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)