Followers

Friday 30 September 2011

Less is More - Week 34 - Sketch

Think I've just got this in by the skin of my teeth this week........... the challenge over at Less is More is a sketch.  For this quick card I die cut an aperture out of paper using Nesties so I could mask off the rest of my card.  I then inked the edges with Distress Inks and stamped the butterfly image from my Stampin Up set "A touch of Nature" using brown Versafine ink.  I then cut out a mask for the butterfly so I could stamp the large SU French text background stamp over the butterfly.  I inked two borders using the same Distress Inks (which are straight but look a bit wonky from taking the photo at an angle) and then stamped the sentiment which was from the same stamp set.  The two punched butterflies are from my new EK Success 3 butterfly punch and were inked before being adhered to the card.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty subtle colouring
    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soft colouring Karen, really pretty!
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice subtle colouring here - love effect

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous, what lovely gentle colouring!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful subtle colours Karen!

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is delicate, with beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)