Followers

Sunday 4 September 2011

Bah Humbug Challenge 35 Christmas Sentiments/Text

This weeks challenge over at Humbug Hall is to use Christmas Sentiments/Text.  Now I've got lots of sentiment stamps but had seen an idea I liked so thought I'd give it a go.

I took some Christmas backing paper that went together and cut various widths (2 of each and only one of the central one) which I rolled up making sure I had some d/s tape at the end to stick it all together.  I then die cut two mounts, one green and one red, from my Go Kreate Frilly Frames #5.  I then used silicone to glue the tubes (for want of a better word.....) centrally on the smaller mount and then computer generated my Merry Christmas sentiment which I cut down to size, sponged with Distress Ink and added brads at each end.  This was then placed over the tubes and stuck down onto the mat.  I have used an 8x8" card blank and cut a piece of pearlised white card to 7x7", clipped the corners and added some border peel-offs.  Edges were inked with a gold pen and I added an organza ribbon.

Thanks for dropping by.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Karen and love the roll up papers, very different.

    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is brilliant - I saw something similar a while ago but had completely forgotten it. Love the shape of those dies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent way of emphasising the sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Karen, it reminds me of organ pipes:)
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, this card is gorgeous! How clever to roll papers for the lovely design. Those die cuts are beautiful and look perfect with the paper rolls. I'm so glad you joined us at Bah! Humbug! this week!

    Barb, Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)