Followers

Sunday 31 July 2011

Gold mad.............

Hello everyone.  Next weekend Tony and I are going to his cousin's Golden Wedding Anniversary party so I've been working on a special card for them over the last couple of days...... in between cooking breakfasts for over 100 people!!!!  Enough said.......

I decided to use my Bookatrix embossing board as everyone always seems to appreciate these cards.  I decided to see how many different types/colours of gold card I actually had and was quite surprised at what I found.  The base is a double sided pearl card , the second layer is a gold embossed gauzy type fabric which I've stuck onto cream pearlised card.  The top layer is a fairly dull gold card which has a faint sparkle to it.  On this layer I have used my SU Manhattan Rose embossing folder on each side.  I've used flexible peel-offs around the edges of these layers and after shaping them around a bottle (empty!!! lol) used silicone to put them together so they kept their shape.  For the sentiment I have printed this on my computer onto a clear adhesive backed sheet and used gold leaf on the back - this and the mat were cut out using nesties.  The flourishes are a Marianne die and the butterflies are a Stampin Up Sizzlets die.  I've used wired gems and flowers from my stash and added gems here and there.  The central ribbon has been put through a diamante buckle.  I've also made a box to match.  Hope they like it.

3 comments:

  1. How could they not like it? It is absolutely gorgeous and must have taken ages to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Karen I'm sure it will be treasured:)
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning creation
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)