Followers

Thursday 5 May 2011

Less is More - Week 13 - Congratulations

This week the LIMettes have been asked to create a lucky dip card with the theme Congratulations or Thank You.

In keeping with the CAS objectives I decided to use the lovely embossing folder from Stampin Up called Manhattan Flower.  I wanted to use an A5 card blank and as I have the Joy cutting and embossing machine which takes A4 card/paper this wasn't going to be a problem.  I cut a piece of blue vellum to A4 and ran it through my machine in the SU folder.  I then cut around the embossed image, folded it in half so the back of the card would also be covered with the vellum.  The sentiment is computer generated so I ran the blank A5 card through the printer - I have used the Precious font for this.  I attached the vellum to the card using photoglue and added three gems.

Happy crafting.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Karen...like the way you have used the embossing folder.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this embossing folder too Karen
    I'm sure it looks FAB IRL, specially with the vellum wrap
    Scanning cards makes them look rather flat, which sis a shame
    Continued thanks
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and sophisticated and that blue really makes the embossing stand out. I love it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely Karen!
    Classic and elegant!
    Thanks so much for joining us this time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Stunning so pretty Karen
    Hugs Susie Sugar x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Karen xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good choice for the LIM challenge theme this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't know what the joy machine was... But looks similar to the cuttlebug. You've made a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)