Followers

Sunday 13 March 2011

Apertures and Starlight, Starbright

This week's challenge over at Bah! Humbug! is apertures and over at Die Cut Dreams it is starlight, starbright.  As I'm desperately trying to sort out my craft room and moving books to our new bookcase I thought I would cover both challenges in one card.

I have taken an 8x8" scalloped card and covered with paper from Dovecraft Let it Snow series.  I then positioned one of my grand nesties (Labels 1) on the front and put it through my JT machine.  The paper I have used for the front of the card is double sided so I cut a frame using the same nesties but turned the paper over to use the plain back as it was a perfect match for the patterned side.  I layered some acetate over the frame and glued it down and then put shaker tape around the back of the frame ready for putting it over the aperture.  The image is from a stamp set by Debbi Moore and has been coloured in with Promarkers and Diamond Sparkles used for the fluffy bits on the dresses/shoes and also the stars.  I then punched out stars of various sizes from red, green and gold mirri to put as the "shaker" element of the card and placed the acetate and frame over the top.  The sentiment is from a clear stamp set by Dovecraft and has been embossed using detail gold e/p.  The snowflakes are made using a die called Winter's Jewel 1 from Whimsy Stamps.  The border has been made using a Martha Stewart edge punch.  I then added a few gems to finish off.

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. A really nice Christmas card - lucky you having the grand nesties (and something to cut them in of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card - love the image and colours you have used.
    thanks for the get well message for Max. It will cheer her up no end. She is so fed up of not being able to join in. Perhaps with the physiotherapy she may be able to do some crafting soon.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karen, this is such a stunning card, I bet whoever recieves it will just love it too. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Karen, love the image, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours on your card Karen and those snowflakes are brilliant! I take it they are from the new die you got?
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Karen and you managed to cover 2 challenges with one card well done. I love your snow flakes too very delicate.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shaker cards and this one is fantastic, thanks for joining our Star challenge at the Die Cut Dreams Christmas blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous result Karen. Love the paper colours and the lovely nestie aperture. Especially like how you've created the frame with the reverse of the doublesided paper. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! and for the lovely message - it's a great boost xxx

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card love the image thanks for joining us at DCD christmas club
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)