Followers

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Doilies

Bah! Humbug's! challenge this week is "Doilies" so I raided my stash of doilies and chose a small round one.  In the centre is a Lili of the Valley Christmas Angel which I die cut with a nestie and added a silver peel off around the edge and mounted it on the doily which was then mounted onto blue mirri.  The backing paper is from my stash and then I added a strip of lace which, I thought, actually looks rather like individual angels.  The sentiment is from Sentiments4You which I resized in Word and then die cut using nesties.  This was matted onto blue mirri.  I then added some flowers and gems to finish it off.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Karen ... another beautiful card which comes as no surprise. The pretty lace really does look like a row of angels so compliments your image beautifully. The layout is also very nicely balanced with all the circular elements. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Karen, she's a very cute angel. Great colour and I love the lace. Thanks for naming me on the BH blog :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Karen I love these LOTV imaeges

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen another fab card and wow I didn't know Valerie was your sister. How wonderful to have a sister to share your love of card making with (and stash too hopefully).
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the cute image. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the image and the lace is fab! Lots of love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really pretty card and I've found it interesting to see the various 'takes' on using doilies this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Karen, and the lace is as you say looking like little angels

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)