Followers

Monday 3 January 2011

Definitely a man's card!!!

It's my nephew-in-law's (does that make sense......... my husband's nephew!) birthday soon - he lives in Sydney, Australia and it's been a while since we've seen him.  He is absolutely besotted by any kind of sport; especially cricket but we shouldn't really mention that at the moment!!!!  lol

So I decided to use My Craft Studio "The Finishing Line" to create this card.  As with most of the cards made with MCS you simply print out the elements you want and mat and layer as required, which is what I've done.  The sentiment has been printed out onto a hazy image of the front racer on the circuit but I totally forgot to add my words when I was in the MCS programme........ so I printed out the sentiment onto some copy paper to make sure it was the correct size/orientation and then used some repositionable glue tape to attach the oval over the sentiment on the copy paper and then sent it through the printer again.  This is a trick I use quite frequently and it works a treat if you want to print onto ribbon.  All I've added is some mirri card and black brads.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Oh he will just love this card Karen....men are so difficult to make cards for sometimes aren't they?

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card - he will love it and thanks for the tip about printing

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)