Followers

Saturday 22 January 2011

Another Sugar Nellie............

I just couldn't resist using this gorgeous Sugar Nellie digistamp "Joy" again.  This time I have printed out a larger image and coloured in ProMarkers.  Then placing a circle nestie over the image I could see that part of her shoes would be cut off so I lightly drew in pencil around the bottom (inside and outside) of the nestie.  I then used scissors to cut around the feet.  I fitted the nestie back over the image but made sure that the cut out section was OVER the nestie - then put it through the die cutting machine as normal.  This was matted onto some matching cardstock using a blossoms nestie.  Using this method it looks like she is just about to jump out of the card.  The background paper is from my stash and I used a Martha Stewart deep edge punch for the border.  I added some ribbon, flowers and gems and the sentiment is from a Stampin Up set called "Circle of Friendship" and was cut out using SU punches.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Well great minds think alike this morning as we have both posted the same image...but they are just adorable...Lovely card Karen. I'm sure there will be more on both our blogs??

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike by the looks of it! I like the way you've done this card and made it look different to the previous one.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)