Followers

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Vellum & Christmas Humour

As we're still really busy decorating, moving furniture etc etc I have incorporated two challenges into my card.  Over at Bah! Humbug! their challenge is to use vellum and at Die Cut Dreams theirs is for Christmas humour.

I don't have many humorous Christmas stamps so decided to use my digistamp "Mistletoe Kisses" from Prairie Fairy as she just makes me giggle every time I look at her.  She's coloured in ProMarkers and I have added Diamond Glaze to her glasses, white Flower Soft for her bobble and edges of the jacket, Glamour Dust on the edge of her hat and pearls for the mistletoe berries.

I then used my nesties but as she was larger than the size I wanted to use I placed the nestie over the image and marked where she overlapped the die and then cut that piece out by hand and when I put the die over the image prior to cutting I made sure the handcut piece was over the top of the die so it didn't get cut.  I then trimmed this down so I could mount it on gold mirri cut with the same size die which was then mounted on red mirri.  The backing paper is from Papermania Classic Christmas.  The vellum is from my stash and I'm not sure if you can see but it has white Christmas sentiments printed on it - this was torn and the edge inked in red.  The tickets are a digistamp from Cuddly Buddly and were printed out onto cream card and inked.  The ribbon and gems are from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    I agree it has been nice and easy to keep ahead with Christmas Cardmaking this year and am not feeling the usual panic at all. Can't imagine why I didn't do it this way before LOL!
    Can't see the writing on the vellum but can see the inking along the torn edge and I like how you have placed it so that it softens the text on the background paper in that portion. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen

    What a gorgeous card and I love your torn vellum especially the red ends. Your super cute imge is so funny - The Diamond Glaze and Flowersoft effect is just perfect.


    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!! This is Gorgeous. LOve the image. LOve your backing papers and tickets too. Thank you for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creation! Love the ticket sentiments and this image is one of my favorite Gillian's. Thanks for joining us at DCD's Christmas Club! xoxo Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tickets and what a pretty bow, of course i love Gillian too, thanks for joining us at the Die Cut Dreams challenge, hope to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally adorable Karen! Another stunner!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)