Followers

Saturday 8 May 2010

Still here!!!!

Can't believe it's nearly a week since I last posted but I was asked - very last minute - to take a table at a local village coffee morning and I have spent all week doing inserts, bagging up and pricing cards etc. You all know what it's like - you make cards and they go on top of the pile and then it's a mad rush to get them ready to sell. Also had to make another treasure box and get out all my other crafty stuff that normally goes on my table. Anyway the sale was this morning and as I had already arranged to be out all day they kindly offered to look after my table for me - I am due to go in about an hour to pick up what's left (hopefully not a lot!!!!! lol) and see if I've made a profit which I can put towards our trip to Newbury in July.

Anyway I thought I would post a couple of kiddies cards I made this week which is something I never normally think of doing. I bought the two stamps from my friend Anne a couple of weeks ago as I really didn't have anything "children friendly" in my stash.

Both the stamps are from Funstamps and I decoupaged the clown and his balls and added Diamond Glaze to the balls and bells to make them stand out and I did the same with the steam train by covering all the steam with Diamond Glaze. I masked my clown and added the Whispers Happy Birthday sentiment behind. The backing paper on both cards was from my stash and the sentiments are peel-offs on punched card using my SU oval and scalloped oval punches. A few gems finished the cards off.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Great cards Karen....hope you had a good day at your sale.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 'kiddy' cards - I remember using that train stamp in the past at workshops. I hope you had a successful sale day in your absence and that there wasn't a lot for you to collect.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)