Followers

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Trees - Bah Humbug!!!


It's been a few days since I have posted anything but things have been pretty hectic recently. A group of us went to Farnborough on Friday to the craft show and had a great time but were glad we didn't go on Sunday as it was cancelled due to bad weather. Wouldn't have been happy bunnies travelling all the way from Somerset to Farnborough to find it wasn't on!!!

Anyway, just had time to join in the Bah Humbug challenge which is trees.

I have used my Penny Black "Fantasy" for the main tree image which was embossed onto SU cardstock. I then added various gems and a ribbon from my stash. Main image was matted and layered onto more SU cardstock and each corner was punched with my new Martha Stewart eyelet lace corner punch with is part of a Punch around the Page set. I have used a 6" square cream card as the base which I covered with a piece of My Mind's Eye Christmas glitter stack and, rather than making it a "normal" easel card, I have made it into a diagonal easel card by scoring the front of the card diagonally from top left to bottom right corner. The sentiment was computer generated and I used my SU oval and scalloped oval punches.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous tree - another stamp I should have!! How clever to do a diagonal easel card. I see you were tempted to buy something MS at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful - I love tree images and this is one of my favourites. YOu have used it to perfection. Stunning card.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tree stamp is one of my favourites....and love your colour combo.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! That tree is just gorgeous and I love the diagonal easel.. will definitely have to try that! TFS xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen Your card is beautiful and stunning, I love the stamp. Your colours are gorgeous, and your use of the gems are fantastic. A perfect card.

    Thank you for joining in our latest challange.

    luv
    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous stamp and a wonderful colour combination - it really pops.
    Thank you for joining us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)