Followers

Sunday 20 December 2009

Happy Christmas to everyone

This will be my last post before Christmas and I wanted to take the opportunity of wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

I have totally finished making all things Christmassy and have put all my stamps, cards, paper and embellishments away and cleared the decks to start again in January. I have promised myself that I will try and make a few Christmas cards each month so things are not quite as hectic next year but your guess is as good as mine as to whether that will get done!!!! lol

Just thought I'd post a photo of the Christmas cake I have just finished decorating this morning. Normally my sister Val and I take turns in hosting Christmas but this year my youngest nephew, Keir, who got married last year has invited us all down to Portsmouth to celebrate Christmas with him and his wife Lara in their new home. Where ever we are I always make the cake and as none of us like marzipan (yeuck!!!!) I decorate the top with nuts or fruit and this year got some lovely glace fruits. Hopefully it will taste as good as it looks as I've fed it enough brandy to sink the proverbial battle ship................ just joking, but it has had some over the last few months.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely looking cake, I can smell the booze from here! I made a new years resolution last year to make 4 Christmas cards a month and then it got to June and I remembered.... woops! only 2 cards had been made, but I am going to try and do better this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks gorgeous - actually I LOVE marzipan!!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)