Followers

Wednesday 22 July 2009

Viva la Diva Memory Album




I went to a fantastic exhibition on Sunday down at Salwayash near Bridport. The exhibition was organised by Lynn Horniblow's students on her free machinery course. I was very eager to go down to look as I am joining Lynn's classes in September and, after seeing all the wonderful exhibits and meeting some very friendly people, I can't wait!!




I took loads of photos so I could sit and drool at home!!! LOL. Rather than just having them on the computer or lying around I decided to make a memory album and bring my Bind-it-All out of mothballs........... As it was an embroidery exhibition I decided that all the photos should be sewn onto the pages with various sheers/fibres which also gave me an excuse to use some of the different stitches on my sewing machine. For the front cover I used my embellisher to felt different fibres and sheers onto a backing. I also embroidered the words "Viva la Diva" on a piece of fabric which was then stitched to the main piece. The back is inked with chalk inkpads and then stamped with three ladies from 1st Class Stamps and they, in turn, were embellished with some gems. The final touch was adding some ribbons to the wires.





The album can now take pride of place in my bookcase and I know I won't have to go hunting for the photographs!!!






2 comments:

  1. That is a brilliant idea to keep the photos together - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy Karen but a brilliant idea.


    Anne

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)