Followers

Friday 10 April 2009

Fabric Keepsake Box






Well, it's been a little while since I last posted because I have been busy crafting. My good friend and neighbour, Inga, threw me a curved ball last week by asking me to make "something special" for her son and his financee who are getting married in Baden-Baden, Germany, on 9th May.

Trouble is she didn't know what she wanted, except that it should be something they could keep and that they were leaving to go to Baden-Baden this Saturday!!!!!

Having had a sleepless night I thought a fabric keepsake box would be just the thing and I would be able to finish it in the time frame. Also I had in my stash some beautiful embroidered silk material that would be perfect.

When I had finished the box I had some fabric left so I also made them a matching wedding card.

I gave them both to Inga when we went to lunch on Wednesday and she loved them - so I was able to breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful box and I'm sure they will treasure it - don't you just love it when someone asks for something really special at short notice!!!!

    Val

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)